Saturday, September 29, 2007

Locked (HOL 67)






House of Laughter 67

It was a typical Friday night. Frozen pizzas with cheap beer and wine was to be followed by a screening of Star Trek 4 (Wow I really have changed a lot since middle school!). I returned from Food Lion with my Tombstones and Miller High Life Lite (I wasn’t kidding), and I could tell something was amiss. Isaac came to the door and greeted me with a enthusiastic “Daddy’s Home!” Nancy was out on the back deck (second floor) looking through the glass with a look of controlled panic on her face.

While I was out, Nancy decided to sit out on the deck and read. Isaac thought this would be a good time to practice his door closing and locking skills. You guessed it. Nancy was locked out on the second story deck with every other door in the house open. She could only helplessly stare as Isaac ran through the house by himself.

Thankfully she didn’t go with her first idea of trying to climb down the supports of the deck.

At daycare on Friday, Isaac’s teacher asked what he was going to do this weekend. His reply, “I’m going to see tigers in cages at the science center.”

Nancy is also proud that the “tumbling” teacher at day care was surprised at Isaac’s highly developed sense of balance. I find this as no surprise considering his genetic predisposition to natural athletic ability.

Isaac has also started saying strings of numbers and letters in order. His favorite books right now are “Hand Hand Fingers Thumb”, “Roller Coaster”, “Where the Wild Things are”. He has a few sentences memorized of each book that he will “read” to me when they come up.

On Monday nights we play Ultimate Frisbee at Lake Daniel Park with a bunch of friends. Anytime we drive anywhere near the park, Isaac yells “Play Frisbee too! See Aiden!” (Isaac’s buddy). Last Monday night, one of Isaac’s favorite babysitters, Caroline, got hit in the face with a Frisbee pretty hard. The whole ride home we hear the mantra “Caroline sad…Caroline got pushed…Caroline sad…Caroline got pushed”. He was very concerned until he saw that she was okay on Wednesday night.

We cleaned up our old house this morning for an open house tomorrow (Sunday, September 30 2-4 p.m. 2206 Hathaway Dr. if anyone you know is looking for a house.) It was weird walking around the empty house. I was a little nostalgic, but I realized that it wasn’t the building making me sentimental, but the memories I had created with the woman and little boy who were outside planting flowers (it was the neighbor and her kid….boy do I miss them.)


Strength and Honor

Big Matt


1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger alex said...

Screw tigers in cages - putting Mommy in a cage is a lot more fun. Well done, young Mr. Cravey.

Great story. Hope Nancy's blood pressure has returned to Earth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home