Friday, June 09, 2006

I'd Rather Have This Bottle In Front of Me.....(HOL 37)




House of Laughter 37

I’m trying to decide if Isaac is like me because he is clever and inquisitive, or just lazy and no good at sports.

He has a small basketball hoop that Grandma DuFran got him for Christmas. If you make a basket, it says a letter, number, or spells a word. Isaac learned that by putting the ball in the basket, he got to hear sounds and watch lights flash. It only took him a short period of time to realize that there is a little switch inside the basket that you can manually press without a ball involved. He likes to see how fast he can get through the alphabet.

He has been pulling himself up onto tables and clearing any lose debris like papers, remotes, etc. He will walk the perimeter of the table. He can stand and push his toys slowly across the room as long as the coefficient of friction is high enough to keep them from sliding away without him.

I think we need to trim Isaac’s fingernails. When Nancy puts him bed with me in the morning, the first thing he does is goes right for my nose. Evidently there is something really good in there, because he checks both nostrils thoroughly. With his little talons, I’m worried I might get the world’s first fatal nosebleed.

We are a little pissed off at our daycare today. In the last three days, they have sent home the wrong bottle twice. The first time it was an empty washed bottle that looked very much like the ones we send…..No harm no foul. Everyone screws up now and again.

Today, Nancy gets home and finds another child’s bottle full of breast milk. Let me be the first to say “ehhhw.”

Nancy and I both called the daycare and were assured that Isaac didn’t get any of the foreign milk, but how do you really know for sure? Everyone makes mistakes, but damn. That’s a pretty big screw up there. I told Nancy that I’m going to change the message on Isaac’s helmet to say “My name is Isaac, don’t give me anyone else’s bottles”, but she thought that was being a little bit snotty about the whole thing.

We’ve decided that we are just going to send sippy cups from now on. Sure it’s going to make a mess, but you know what? They can deal with it.

Speaking of minor beefs with daycare, they sent home a fundraising kit. There isn’t even the illusion anymore that the child is selling this shit. Isaac can’t even talk, and already they want him to sell stuff to raise funds. Luckily it’s cookie dough, which like crack cocaine, pretty much sells itself. The girls at work have been very generous, and I have to admit, I like the thought of having three pounds of butterscotch and chocolate chip oatmeal cookie dough in the freezer at my disposal.

Finally, I think Isaac has started saying “Uh oh”. I went to visit him at daycare the other day, and while he and I were playing, some child dropped their cup. A chorus of “Uh oh”s spread around the room, and Isaac seemed to join in.

Go Hurricanes!!!!

Strength and Honor

Big Matt

P.S. Do you want to buy some cookie dough? The money goes towards a new high tech bottle identification system for our daycare, so the liquid that comes out of a strange woman’s breasts doesn’t go into my child’s mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home