Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Turkey For Me, Turkey For You. Let's Eat Turkey in a Big Brown Shoe (HOL 52)






House of Laughter 52

Isaac has a new molar coming in on the right top side. This means that nobody’s gonna sleep tonight. For the last two nights, I woke up to a feverish toddler next to me at about 2:00 in the morning. 2:00 in the morning is not the time to fight about it, because no one is rational, least of all Isaac. Nancy understands that if Isaac wakes up tonight, she is welcome to join him in his crib, but Papa bear needs some sleep.

We had a busy Thanksgiving. My folks came in from Florida and stayed from Wednesday night until Monday morning. Nancy made a huge feast for Thanksgiving. Nancy’s rule is she won’t make something unless she will eat it, so I ended up making Cranberry sauce and devilled eggs for myself and my folks. Thanksgiving night, we drove to the far side of Winston to see the Tanglewood festival of lights. Nancy and I had seen it a few times before, but it was completely different with Isaac. He seemed really fascinated by the illuminated Santas, Elves, Wise Men, Baby Jesus, Menorah, Kwanzaa Kinara, Polar Bears, Squirrels, Golfers, and Sea Monsters. ( I think this covers most of the world’s religions).

On Friday, we skipped the crowds at the mall and went to the N.C. zoo. Isaac sat on Gammy’s lap while she piloted her electric scooter through the crowd. He made it halfway through the zoo before he fell asleep, butt up, in his wagon.

Friday night, mom and dad watched Isaac so Nancy and I could go and see a preview of the music from Triad Stage’s new play “Beautiful Star”. If you live in Greensboro, I would highly recommend making time for this Christmas play. It is based on old medieval “Mystery” plays, and covers the Bible from creation through the Nativity. The whole thing is set to Appalachian style mountain music. Nancy and I are really looking forward to seeing this play after experiencing the music.

Saturday and Sunday were spent doing the odd bit of shopping or work around the house. Most of each day was spent watching either Florida Gators win or Carolina Panthers lose. Isaac has been practicing saying “Go Gators!”, but can only say “Go gay” (His “aunts” at church must be so proud). Isaac has also been singing a low “duuuuuuuuh…duh” It took a while for me to realize that he is singing the theme to “Jaws”. My buddy Gabe sent me a link that plays “Jaws”, and the Gator fight song. Isaac listens to it over and over again, and smiles, laughs, and sings along every single time.

Two more short notes, we found out that a kid at day care has the chicken pox, so we may have some interesting blog material soon.

I also discovered that karma is a bitch. I gave my nephew an inflatable ball pit for his birthday this year. My sister was grateful for the 40 balls scattered all over her house as she prepares to sell it and move. Well a co-worker just sent a present for Isaac home with me today. It’s a slightly larger ball pit with about a dozen more balls.

Strength and Honor,

Big Matt

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger alex said...

Did Isaac instinctively go for the bronze cow's nuts or was he coached?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home