Monday, January 29, 2007

So Very Lazy (HOL 59)






House of Laughter 58

The last two weekends have been very busy, and this next weekend will be extremely busy as well, but I thought I would do a quick update on Isaac.

For Christmas, Isaac got a wooden truck decoration that you hang on a wall and use to display Matchbox cars. Nancy put it up last week, and Isaac is fascinated by it. If I am in another room, he will come get me and say “Car? Car? Car?” until I pick him up, carry him into his room and hold him up at eye level to look at his collection of cars. (Quite a few of them were mine as a child, including his favorite, “The A-Team” van.). He will pick out two to play with, and then less than ten minutes later, he wants to be picked up again so he can swap them for two more. I almost always indulge him, because I know someday he won’t want me to hold him.

Isaac has become obsessed with his high chair and wearing a coat. He is able to climb into and out of his high chair by himself now, and I am fascinated watching him. It drives his mom crazy when he stands in the seat. Whenever we are in the kitchen he wants to be in his high chair. He also loves to wear a coat. The other day he insisted on wearing a coat even though he was inside, and only wearing a shirt and a diaper.

We took him to the children’s museum last week. He is much more into it than he was last time. We also took him to see “Flushed Away” at the two dollar movies. He wasn’t so interested in that. We made it about an hour, before I ended up walking around the lobby with him looking at the player piano, and statues of “The Blues Brothers”.

Also last week we were riding around town in my truck and in the middle of Isaac’s babbling, he says “Winna-Winna-Winna-Winna”. At first I thought this was just random sounds, but after a few minutes, I realize he is singing the song “The Window” by Trout Fishing in America. (It’s a great song where every nursery rhymes ends with someone or something getting thrown out a window.)

I’ll write more later.

Strength and Honor

Big Matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home